Must possess an active Secret DoD Clearance.
- Perform a variety of tasks in production assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assembly and sub-assemblies.
- Work from diagrams and drawings and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs and saws.
- Shall qualify to weld in accordance with the Gas Tungsten Arc Welding Process (TIG) on Aluminum, Mild and Stainless Steel. Capable of qualifying and welding in accordance with company standards, and AWS D1.1, D1.2, D1.3 and D1.6 in 2G, 3G and 4G positions for plate and 6G position for pipe.
- Testing must be X-ray verified.
- Analyzes engineering drawings and specifications to plan layout, fit up, and welding operations of structures.
- Skilled in the use of measuring tools or instruments, as provided and appropriate, to assure accuracy in dimensions of work in process.
- Able to work for sustained periods of time in the standing position.
- Capable of reading, comprehending and complying with Work Instruction Process Sheets and Blueprints.
- Must have a working knowledge of welding equipment controls for both processing and safety.
- Able to effectively utilize fixtures, jigs, and clamps, as provided for effective positioning and holding of parts to be welded.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Must possess an active Secret DoD Clearance.
- High School plus 5 years experience welding aluminum and/or steel in a manufacturing environment in accordance to Military Standards or similar standards.
- Experience may be a combination of work experience and schooling.
- Must have knowledge of basic Math (add, subtract, multiply, and divide) Must be able to read and comprehend written material, including blueprints, drawings and work instructions.
- Must have work history with mechanical assembly.
- Must be able to understand and follow verbal instructions.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs and carry up to 25 lbs.
- Requires bending, stooping, twisting, turning, and pushing/pulling of heavy parts and occasional work in confined areas.
- Must be able to pass vision testing to Jaeger 1, with or without corrective lenses. NDT Level II VT a plus, but not necessary. Records of WPQRs shall be submitted.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43640
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.