A welder welds together metal components as specified by blueprints, work orders, or oral instructions using weld equipment and tools.
Key Responsibilities & Functional Knowledge:
This list is representative of the key areas of responsibility and functional knowledge required of a second-class mechanic in the Weld shop. A second-class mechanic must demonstrate an intermediate knowledge of the skills, functional knowledge and abilities required to perform tasks in these and related areas of responsibility.
Intermediate knowledge means that the mechanic understands how to perform tasks in these categories (including, but not limited to, the specific tasks identified below) and is able to complete them independently, without assistance. This also means that the mechanic has the necessary level of knowledge of the equipment, protective gear, and machinery required to complete these tasks.
Welding & Installation
- Weld structural steel in all positions.
- Weld stainless steel and carbon steel and possibly other alloys
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces with straightedges or templates to ensure conformance with specifications
Required Skills and Education Minimum Education: High School Diploma/GED
Minimum Relevant Experience: 3 to 5 yrs.
A second-class mechanic must demonstrate an intermediate understanding of various structural welds and how to operate and maintain the machines that fabricate and repair metal structures, equipment and machinery. Must be proficient in obtained welding certification: SMAW plate, SMAW Pipe, GTAW Pipe, and any other certification.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form
- Must be able to calculate and understand units of measure, including fractions and decimals
- Must know how to measure using a scale and tape measure
- Must be able to wear safety PPE and use personal hand tools (adjustable wrenches, wire cutters, pliers, etc.)
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40629
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer