Job Summary/ Responsibilities:
- Fabricate items using common hand, bench, and freestanding equipment including drills, taps, and cutoff saws, clamping devices and marking tools.
- Read and interpret construction and engineering drawings, blueprints, and welding symbols.
- Create structurally sound welds in accordance with AWS D1.1 specifications.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment Because our work is so unique, your responsibilities might change based on the project.
- Produce finishes using stationary and portable grinding, sanding, and polishing equipment.
- Knowledge of and experience fabricating tooling details a variety of ferrous and non-ferrous metals and alloys (aluminum 6061 and mild steel A36 A1010 are a must).
- Ability to sit or stand extended time.
- Must be able to routinely and safely lift, push, and pull up to 35 lbs.
- Prior experience in operating a forklift, or willingness to earn forklift certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Skilled in both mechanical and manual welding practices.
- Extensive knowledge of various welding techniques, including TIG Welding (GTAW), MIG welding (GMAW), Flux Cored Arc Welding (FCAW) Arc welding (SMAW), Oxy-fuel and Plasma cutting non C&C, Weld Tooling components in flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Welders must be able to certify to the following vertical-up open root tests. GMAW Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G FCAW Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.375 Position 3G SMAE Carbon Steel A36 Thickness 0.375 Position 3G (May be required) GMAW Aluminum 6061 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G GTAW Carbon Steel A1010 Thickness 0.063 Position 3G GTAW Aluminum 6061 Thickness 0.063 and 0.375 Position 3G GTAW Alloy Steel Thickness 0.063 Position 3G (May be required) GTAW Stainless Steel Thickness 0.063 Position 3G
(May be required) Preferred Qualifications:
- AWS CWI (Certified Welding Inspector) .
- Experience welding Invar 36% nickel-iron alloy is a plus.
- Experience using manual milling and lathe machines.
- Operate a variety of manual and CNC machining equipment such as press brakes, plate rollers, drilling machines, milling machines, lathes, shearing and forming machines, cold saws, high-capacity semi-automatic band saws, and plasma tables.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42756
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.