- Review submitted WAFs for completeness and accuracy.
- Review contract work specifications, U.S. Navy drawings and Standard Items associated with submitted WAFs.
- Process WAFs in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process WAF Revisions when initiated by Repair Activity Representatives (RAR)
- Process Stop WAFs, maintain Stop WAF Log and monitor until re-authorized.
- Instruct Ship’s Force (S/F) personnel in the Work Authorization/WTC/Tag-Out Program as it pertains to WAF processing.
- Maintain S/F and RAR WAF training Records.
- Provide customer service interface between RAR and S/F in order to resolve potential WAF/ Tag-Out conflicts.
- Maintain WAF Log Index, track and monitor WAF process from receipt to closing.
- Conduct WAF Surveillance, spot check job, complete and submit Surveillance Report.
- Experience as a WAF Coordinator.
- Local Candidates Only.
- Required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operating machines where the job is at or within arm’s reach or performing mechanical or skilled trades’ tasks of a non-repetitive nature such as ones by electricians, technicians, service people, painters, mechanics.
- Inspections and work may require climbing ladders, working at heights, walking on scaffolding and observing co-workers using tools and equipment.
- Lifting/carrying tools and parts weighing up to 50 lbs. on frequent basis.
- Standing, bending, sitting, reaching, pushing, pulling, crouching, kneeling, handling, finger dexterity, feeling, eye/hand/foot coordination, seeing, hearing required.
- Selecting appropriate tools for jobs, as per trade classification.
- Works in tight, confined work spaces on board ship and is exposed to varied temperatures, wind, wet and humid conditions, fumes, odors and dust, vibrations from ship and hand tools.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43638
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.