- Trainer to support training and safety initiatives for our industrial operations located in Newport News, VA.
- Candidates must be willing to support all shifts and work hours beyond a standard work week, as needed, to include weekends.
- In addition to training, position will perform safety observations and safety enforcement.
- Candidate will be heavily involved in the safety program and will also be responsible for other aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety that include, but not limited to: Procedure update and review, Environmental Compliance, and Process Improvement.
- Designs and delivers programs to train all levels of personnel.
- Develops tests and visual aids, conducts training classes, and develops criteria for evaluating effectiveness of training activities. Keeps abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques.
- Develops in-house programs and practices to identify developmental needs, including preparing personnel for more responsible positions and increasing effectiveness in present assignments.
- May evaluate and/or oversee contractors or vendors to develop and/or administer training programs.
- May be responsible for development of e-learning programs.
- Must have previous experience in a training role supporting industrial and/or manufacturing environments.
- Must have ability to conduct various training courses to include, but not limited to: Control of Hazardous Energy (Lock out-Tag out), Hazardous Waste Control, Forklift Practical training, Fall Protection, Fall Protection Inspection, Bloodborne Pathogens, Crane Operations Torch Operations, Aerial boom lift (JLG) and other mobile equipment.
- Must have ability to update training materials to reflect current OSHA regulations and changes to company procedures, as well as apply knowledge shared in training courses to practical applications on the shop floor.
- Must have proficiency with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have professional level communications skills (written and verbal) to effectively facilitate training courses and report to upper management when necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 1 year of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. An Apprentice Certificate or graduation from Navy Nuclear Power School can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree.
- Must be able to pass a lifetime background check and drug test.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43503
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.