- The terminal operator is responsible for safely performing all tasks associated with the receiving, storing, blending, sampling, testing and loading of combustible and flammable liquids.
- Operators are critical in maintaining quality assurance, community relations, regulatory compliance, customer communications, and asset protection.
- All operations are done with safety and environmental compliance a top priority.
- The facility operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Daily responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining facility security, facility maintenance and general housekeeping.
- The Terminal operator is responsible for accepting product deliveries, either via pipeline, truck, rail or barge and perform required sampling and testing of all products to maintain quality control.
- Maintain inventory control by physically gauging and sampling all receiving tanks before and after receipts.
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of the terminal loading rack and equipment associated with terminal operations, and keeping the facility in good working order by utilizing preventative maintenance procedures.
- Conduct daily terminal inspections of the entire facility including truck loading rack, rail siding, pipeline manifolds and dock area.
- Perform routine facility maintenance as needed included but not limited to painting, general housekeeping, snow removal and grounds upkeep.
- Operate, maintain and repair, or assist in repairing, equipment associated with the bulk handling of petroleum liquids.
- Responsible for communicating to contractors and drivers all safety requirements.
- Be able to effectively communicate with outside agencies such as the USCG and the EPA on situations regarding the facility.
- Perform duties of a first responder in a spill or other emergency situations.
- Correctly complete all required paperwork prior to and after all product receipts.
- Be able to work diligently and follow all safety requirements to prevent product contamination and avoid spills.
- Perform environmental and regulatory checks (eliminating, containing and reporting all leaks and spills)
- Assist drivers in the loading and unloading of trucks.
- Maintain a good relationship with all terminal customers, responding to their needs or requests as needed.
- Be able to work in a variety of environmental conditions (extreme cold / heat) while wearing appropriate PPE, FR clothing, safety glasses and hard hat.
- Be able to comfortably climb 50’ storage tanks while wearing PPE.
- Manually open and close large valves several times per shift.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, and climb etc. for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift normally up to 50 lbs. and occasionally more. Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, lift, grasp and pull.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations (leaks, spills and fires) by implementing facility response plans.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to obtain a TWIC
- The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with co-workers, supervisors, customers and truck drivers.
- The ability to work in stressful conditions, along with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and environmental conditions.
- The ability to work on both a scheduled and a call out basis.
- This position is subjected to random drug screening.
- Ability to accept supervision and direction and work effectively either in a team setting or alone.
- Individual must be available during non-work hours as required and will be required to carry a cell phone at all times.
- Normal and extraordinary work circumstances may require, without notice, extended hours, weekend and/or holiday work.
- Regular attendance is mandatory.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40883
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.