- Will perform and inspect tack-welds for conformance to specifications.
- Welds at points specified by fitter or fitter foreman, along overlapping or adjoining edges to hold work piece in place for final welding.
- Assists fitter or fitter-welder to position, align, and fit together plates, structural shapes, piping, and weldments preparatory to assembly into fabricated products.
- Holds, positions, and reads tape measure to assist in layout. Uses hammers, wedges, pry bars, and come a-longs to align parts.
- Positions and turns clamps, come-a-longs, chain falls and jacks.
- Grinds or chips rough edges, surplus weld, rust or scale, using portable grinder or air chipper.
- Sets up welding leads from welding machine to the proximity of where work is to be performed.
- Selects proper electrode or electrode wire.
- Tack welds in flat, horizontal, vertical, diagonal, and overhead positions.
- Manually guides electrode along weld line as specified by fitter.
- Examines weld for proper bead size and characteristics.
- May mark reference lines or locations that are to be cut or drilled.
- May use cutting torch to cut materials or scrap.
- Cleans up area, picks up scrap, sweep, and returns all unused materials and supplies.
- May use hand or power tools. Physical and Environmental conditions:
- Works in all kinds of weather. Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Subject to electrical and mechanical hazards, ultraviolet light, vibration, noise, working on scaffolding and ladders at height, working over water, and working alone and in confined spaces.
- Subject to very dramatic temperature changes such as when entering or exiting a tank.
- Present in the work environment are fumes, smoke, dust, gases, chemicals, and hydrocarbons.
- Must have 2 years of recent experience working an industrial setting and at least 1 year of experience as a welder / tack welder.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must have experience using oxygen/propane burning and heating torch.
- Must be proficiently skilled in multi-pass tack welding.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must possess a working knowledge of welding equipment and work processes commonly used in marine welding.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be able to obtain a port pass prior to starting work.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43390
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.