- Production welding on a ship or in a shop to support structural repairs and modernization of marine vessels including US Naval Vessels, Military Sealift Command, commercial ships, and more.
- Layout, fabricate or repair metal plate and/or structural parts brace them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding according to specifications.
- Measure, mark and install metal plate for cutting per specifications, using tools such as saws, cutting torches, and more.
- Fit and weld metal plate in the repair and/or construction of marine vessels and industrial components using gas welding, brazing, arc welding, wire fed welding, or TIG welding process and procedures.
- Remove high spots and cut bevels using hand files, portable grinders and cutting torches.
- May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts using shop machinery such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines.
- Weld components in a flat, vertical, or overhead positions.
- Set up welding machines based on the job at hand.
- Provide a great level of attention to detail and focus on the given task.
- Keep work areas clean and organized and take proper care of all equipment and facilities.
- Ensure work is done safely and meets quality standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a structural welder.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Permanent Resident.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42847
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.