Previous Norfolk Naval Shipyard or HII/NNS only.
- Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
- Heating – Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges. Welding Qualification: All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
- Must be able to obtain base access.
- Four years commercial/naval experience as a First-Class Structural Welder.
- Must be able to pass a lifetime background check and HFT drug test that goes back 6 months.
- Structural Welder (Pulse Arc) – 4Q19 (Previous NNS or naval shipyard experience only).
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43466
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.