- Ability to perform all types of welding using various processes, to include: FCAW, SMAW 6 plates, all positions.
- Ability to complete the Welding process and make adjustments to the welding apparatus depending on the type of weld being performed.
- Ability to regulate gas pressure, select the proper torch tip, pre and post heat as required and weld butt, lap, fillet joints in flat, vertical and over head positions.
- Complete welds on mild steel, carbon steel, cast iron, copper, and their alloys by fusion and adhesion, as well as braze and solder ferrous and non ferrous metals.
- Ability to use jigs, clamps and positions as well as select electrode.
- Receive job assignments from supervisor and carries out assignments as directed.
- Required to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Must be able to speak to others to convey information effectively so that the job can be completed in the manner it should be.
- Needs to have the ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving the arm or while holding the hand in one position.
- Have the ability to see details at close range while he/she is doing his/her job functions.
- Must have the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Be able to quickly move the hand, the hand together with the arm, or two hands to grasps, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Have the ability to make precise coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Full knowledge of safety codes and practices regarding explosives gases and hazardous rays.
- Must have at least 5 years experience in a Shipyard/ Military setting.
- Must be Familiar with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be DBIDS eligible, in-hand preferred.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42821
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.