- Ability to perform all types of welding using various processes, to include: Oxyacetylene, Metallic Arc, Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG) and Metal Inert Gas (MIG) welding.
- Ability to complete the Welding process and make adjustments to the welding apparatus depending on the type of weld being performed.
- Ability to regulate gas pressure, select the proper torch tip, pre and post heat as required and weld butt, lap, fillet joints in flat, vertical and over head positions.
- Complete welds on mild steel, carbon steel, cast iron, copper, and their alloys by fusion and adhesion, as well as braze and solder ferrous and non ferrous metals.
- Ability to use jigs, clamps and positioners as well as select electrode.
- Receive job assignments from supervisor and carries out assignments as directed
- Required to perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Must be able to speak to others to convey information effectively so that the job can be completed in the manner it should be.
- Needs to have the ability to keep hand and arm steady while moving the arm or while holding the hand in one position.
- Have the ability to see details at close range while he/she is doing his/her job functions.
- Must have the ability to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle to exact positions.
- Be able to quickly move the hand, the hand together with the arm, or two hands to grasps, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Have the ability to make precise coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble very small objects.
- Must be able to weld 6G6 “steel pipe, stainless steel 6G pipe, aluminum plate and flux core plate.
- Must be certified in three position A361/2” plate by stick.
- Evolving knowledge of metal characteristics
- Metal repair and fabrication by oxyacetylene, metallic arc and inert gas shielding arc.
- Full knowledge of safety codes and practices regarding explosives gases and hazardous rays
- Must have a High school degree or equivalent.
- Must have at least 3 years experience in a Shipyard/ Military setting.
- Must be Familiar with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment background and drug screen.
- DBIDS REQUIRED
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42075
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.