Experience: Four years of NNS or naval shipyard experience as a first class Welder.
- Multi-pass. All position fillet and butt welds using the following processes: SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding), GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding), FCAW (Flux Cored Arc Welding) and GMAW-P (Pulse Arc Welding).
- Heating – Oxygen/Propane Heating Torch.
- Experience working in a physically demanding environment (shipboard, sub-assemblies, ladders, staging, etc.).
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging.
- Ability to properly use fillet and butt weld gauges. Welding Qualification: All Welders will be required to pass all position, Multi-pass Butt Weld, Welder Qualification Tests prior to reporting for the first day of productive work. These tests will be in accordance with MIL-STD-248D Paragraph 5.3.3 and the following:
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) SMAW (Shielded Metal Arc Welding) process.
- All position (Horizontal (2G), Vertical (3G), and Overhead (4G)) FCAW (Flux Core Arc Welding) process.
- Horizontal (2G) position GMAW (Gas Metal Arc Welding) process.
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging proficiency test.
The Welding School will administer the following tests:
- All Welding Qualification Tests in “A” (6 hours), “B” (12 hours), “C” (4 hours) above.
- Visual Inspection of Welds Level I (4 hours).
- Welders Vision Test (5 minutes).
- Air Carbon Arc Gouging Proficiency Test (1 hour)
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41637
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.