- Designs components or portions of systems and modifies existing designs to develop or improve products and facilitate manufacturing operations.
- Utilizes computer-aided design equipment and/or graphic tools such as, CAD, CAM or CATIA.
- Gathers information, makes studies, computes calculations, and prepares original rough layouts, sketches to present design proposal.
- Coordinates design criteria with engineering, manufacturing, tooling, material, and planning group such as ease of manufacture, availability of materials, and contractual specifications.
- Exclude classifications in which incumbents predominantly perform drafting assignments.
- Associate’s or other 2 year technical degree in related discipline and 3 years of related experience
- Strong 3D Modeling Skills and 3D spatial awareness
- Knowledge in GD&T
- Understanding of welding as it applies to the development of structural systems and components
- Capable of interfacing with Engineering to understand design requirements of various structural systems and lead other designers in the development of these systems to meet the requirements
- Coordinate discussions and incorporate design aspects with manufacturing, tooling, materials and planning trades.
- Confidential clearance highly desired
- Some driving into the yard (i.e. inside the gates) to discuss construction needs may be required, but employee will typically take the Shuttle Van or our department vehicle.
- Some travel may be required, but it will be infrequent (2 or 3 times/year).
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #38957
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.