- Be able to plan and complete work with little supervision using blueprints.
- Be knowledgeable in layout or plates, pipes and structural shapes, including flat layouts and complex layouts involving projection and compound angles.
- Be knowledgeable of ship related nomenclature and be able to locate structures in relationship to frames, longitudinal stringers, centerlines, etc.
- Know weld symbols and how they apply to material preparation for welding.
- Skills should include tack welding, burning, use of various power tools such as shears, saws, presses, etc.
- Must be capable of making templates as needed for fabrications and/or installation of ship structures.
- Must be capable of assembling foundations, deck houses, and specialized structures for all areas of the ship.
- Must know the guide lines of 5 S and be aware of the standard items.
- Must have at least 5+ years of relevant shipyard experience.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43296
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.