- The Shipfitter contributes to all structural phases of a ship’s hull construction to include fitting, fabricating, assembly, and alignment of a ship’s structure.
- Performs fitting and machining operations such as straighten, grind, burr, drill, ream, and countersink materials to close tolerances.
- Refers to general instructions to select equipment, set up, and lay out materials to be welded.
- May repair or rework components to restore to required tolerances which have become distorted as a result of welding operations.
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures.
- May also inspect tack-welds completed by the assigned welder, or in some cases perform own tack welding work, for conformance to specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 5+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a Shipfitter.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must have experience using oxygen/propane burning and heating torch.
- Must be proficiently skilled in multi-pass tack welding.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must possess a working knowledge of welding equipment and work processes commonly used in marine welding.
- Must be able to read blueprint drawings.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must have your own reliable transportation.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42828
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.