- Lays out and fabricates metal structural parts, such as plates, bulkheads, and frames, and braces them in position within hull of ship for riveting or welding.
- Lays out position of parts on metal, working from blueprints or templates and using scribe and hand tools.
- Locates and marks reference lines, such as center, buttock, and frame lines.
- Positions parts in hull of ship, assisted by RIGGER.
- Aligns parts in relation to each other, using jacks, turnbuckles, clips, wedges, and mauls.
- Marks location of holes to be drilled and installs temporary fasteners to hold part in place for welding or riveting.
- Installs packing, gaskets, liners, and structural accessories and members, such as doors, hatches, brackets, and clips.
- May prepare molds and templates for fabrication of nonstandard parts.
- May tack weld clips and brackets in place prior to permanent welding.
- May roll, bend, flange, cut, and shape plates, beams, and other heavy metal parts, using shop machinery, such as plate rolls, presses, bending brakes, and joggle machines.
- Must have a least 3 years shipyard experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
- DBIDS REQUIRED/HII BCG Required (Depending on work location: See Internal Notes).
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41839
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.