- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, and general correspondence in English.
- Working understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Ability to effectively communicate issues encountered during the job that are in conflict with the directions provided by the supervisor or journeyman / 1st class fitter.
- Ability to read and interpret structural drawings, including weld symbols.
- Basic understanding of hand and power tools used by shipfitters including but not limited to mauls, grinders, circular and reciprocating saws, and hand and magnetic drill.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
- Up to one (1) year of experience in a heavy industry.
- Must be able to pass pre employment background and drug screen.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41540
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer