- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must possess the ability to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor, improvers, and helpers.
- Must be able to read and interpret structural drawings, sketches, and specifications.
- Must be able to interpret appropriate sections of NAVSEA, ABS, Coast Guard standards and manufacturer’s tech manuals.
- Must have experience repairing and installing shipboard habitability spaces including: berthing equipment; galley equipment; ventilation ducting (heating and cooling); and joiner doors in accordance with drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Must understand the principle of balancing air systems including taking proper readings and documenting the results.
- Must have experience using hand and power tools and understand the operation of fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers.
- Must have experience tack welding using SMAW or GMAW.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
- Must have OSHA 10 and fire watch training.
- Must be DBIDs eligible.
- Four (4) years of related experience, two (2) of which were in the maritime environment.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43406
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.