- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must possess the ability to write comprehensive Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor, improvers, and helpers.
- Must be able to read and interpret structural drawings, sketches, and specifications.
- Must be able to interpret appropriate sections of NAVSEA, ABS, Coast Guard standards and manufacturer’s tech manuals.
- Must have experience repairing and installing shipboard habitability spaces including: berthing equipment; galley equipment; ventilation ducting (heating and cooling); and joiner doors in accordance with drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Must understand the principle of balancing air systems including taking proper readings and documenting the results.
- Must have experience using hand and power tools and understand the operation of fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers.
- Must have experience tack welding using SMAW or GMAW.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
- Six (6) years of related experience,, 3 (3) of which were in the maritime environment.
- Must be able to pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42299
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.