The Handyman is responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications, safety, with the highest quality, in a professional manner. Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
- Must be able to set up and break down equipment, including helping Journeymen run hoses; operate power tools; clean the work area and properly dispose of garbage, scrap and other material as directed by supervisor.
- Must be able to accomplish the semi-skilled functions within the trade where assigned.
- Must be able to check out, deliver, return and properly care for the required material and tools used in the trade.
- Must be able to identify and use the equipment and tools used in the trade.
- Must be able to perform preventive maintenance on shop machinery and equipment used in the employee’s trade, such as lubricating machinery, checking fluid levels in equipment or making minor adjustments as directed.
- Must be able to organize, arrange and maintain order in stockrooms and other material staging areas.
- Must be able to ensure that you are working as safely and as productively as possible, maintaining quality control at all times.
- Must have good housekeeping skills and be able to maintain a clean, hazard-free work environment and to ensure that job site is left in a safe and clean condition prior to departure.
- Must be able to follow established policies and procedures, including but not limited to time keeping procedures.
- Must be fully aware of emergency and evacuation procedures, to include muster locations and the supervisors’ requirement to account for their personnel.
- Must be able to work well with others.Must be able to understand and follow written and verbal instructions in English.
- Must be able to perform job safely.
- Must be able to recognize and avoid potential safety hazards.
- Must know what personal protective equipment (PPE) to use and when.
- Must be able to navigate a ship and understand compartment designation, where applicable.
- Must have basic knowledge of math.
- Must be DBIDS eligible.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43783
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.