- Perform, with minimal supervision, sheet metal repairs and installation on maritime vessels such as Navy Ships, Military Sealift Command ships, and commercial vessels.
- Repairs and installation include shipboard and shop tasks required to plan, layout, fabrication, and assemble various sheet metal structures throughout the ship.
- Perform operational tests on equipment that will be reinstalled and document results.
- Measure, lay out, and mark structures to be removed using drawings, specifications, shop sketches, or direction from the structural supervisor.
- Remove existing structures, furniture, and ventilation ducting as required by the drawings or specifications, or as directed by the supervisor.
- Construct templates and fabricate replacement pieces.
- Trim, file, grind, deburr, and buff surfaces with hand tools and power tools.
- Weld, solder, bolt, rivet, screw, clip, caulk or otherwise bond components.
- Install berthing equipment; galley equipment; ventilation ducting (heating and cooling); and joiner doors in accordance with drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 3 years of recent experience working in a shipyard as a sheet metal mechanic.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Must have experience repairing and installing shipboard habitability spaces including berthing equipment, galley equipment, ventilation ducting (heating and cooling), and joiner doors in accordance with drawings, specifications, and sketches.
- Must have experience using hand and power tools and understand the operation of fabricating machines such as shears, brakes, presses, forming rolls and routers.
- Must have experience tack welding using SMAW or GMAW.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship terminology, blueprint reading, measurements, and the ability to interpret job specifications and drawings.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE may include hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be able to obtain a DBIDS.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42899
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.