- This position is responsible for sourcing, issuing purchase orders, managing supplier performance, and day-to-day management of a broad base of Direct and Indirect material suppliers within an assigned set of commodities and indirect requirements.
- A working knowledge of the MRP/ERP and Governmental acquisition processes is required. Experience working with CostPoint is desirable.
- Primarily responsible for the timely execution of Purchase Orders to new or existing suppliers. Ensuring the assigned supply base satisfies Internal Site Stakeholders requirements for Production, MRO and O&R Goods and Services.
- Documents all purchases as required by processes and procedures. This will include compliance with the FAR/DFAR, and any associated Customer contractual flow-downs.
- Must control the cost of purchased materials utilizing a variety of process tools such as cost targets, supplier negotiations; market surveys, make/buy proposals, design and/or process changes, advanced procurement planning and material substitutions.
- Works well within Teams, in an IPT environment. The individual will interact with all levels of management both inside and outside the company. Working closely with Production, Engineering, Program Management, Planning, and Quality Assurance to ensure success.
- Solid problem-solving skills. With minimal supervision must successfully address day-to-day supply problems, including delivery execution, incoming quality defect resolution, and accounts payable discrepancies. If necessary, the individual should identify and implement corrective actions that will eliminate or mitigate any negative impact to the Company.
- Must be resourceful and protect the company’s interest by balancing both short-term and long-term requirements for
- Ability to lead a cross-functional Team involved in supplier negotiations.
- Other responsibilities as assign by Leadership.
- College Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years purchasing experience, including a minimum of 2 years within a DoD environment.
- Must demonstrate a sound business understanding, possess good organizational skills, leadership skills, the ability to read blueprints and interpret Supplier contractual terms and conditions.
- Must be proficient with MS OFFICE applications, such as MS Excel, Word and Power Point. Experience utilizing mainframe MRP/ERP applications with a solid knowledge of quality assurance requirements.
- Must have the ability to multi-task, negotiate utilizing cost targets, and possess an advanced understanding of procurement planning and material substitution processes.
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40295
Email: [email protected]
2018–2019 Employee Health Benefits
Questions? Call: 904-357-5543
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer