- Proper use and care of chain hoists (1 ton to 40 tons) to rig steel piping and machinery where cranes are not available.
- Knowledge of the proper use of wire rope lashing to rig where lifting pads are notinstalled or available.
- Knowledge of weight calculations, center of gravity and how to apply rigging gear (chain hoists, shackles, and wire ropes) to safely rig and move loads.
- Knowledge of rigging knots, splicing of rope and wire rope reeving and seizing.
- Experience in rigging loads from a crane hook to other rigging points inside a structure or building.
- Familiarity with OSHA regulations relative to the shipbuilding industry.
- Must pass HII background check Must pass HFT
- Candidates must have 3-5 years of experience in heavy rigging and be able to work onboard ship doing heavy lifting, climbing, bending and be able to work in confined spaces.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #39810
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.