A Rigger must possess knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to perform a full range of rigging duties, considering factors such as size, shape, and location of the object and the availability and strength of overhead support structures.
- Plan, lay out, assemble, repair, and install complex weight handling gear and various standing and running rigging.
- Have a thorough knowledge of rigging procedures and equipment.
- Move ship’s engines, generators, turbines, pumps, boilers, structural shapes, and plates, ordnance equipment such as bombs, torpedoes, and ammunition, and delicate electronic equipment such as sonar gear.
- There is a continuing requirement to test various gear for strength and safety. As required the rigger assists divers in salvage work, move salvage equipment and raise objects to be salvaged.
- Coordinate and arrange for the work of several trades in connection with performing work from information received from technical work documents, blueprints, specifications, written and/or oral instructions.
- Must be DBIDS eligible to work on Military bases.
- Must have 3-5+ years of experience in a shipyard.
- Must have reliable transportation to get you to and from work daily (job assignments may be at multiple locations.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43752
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.