The Rigger performs a variety of skilled mechanical duties involving deck machinery, engine room work, electronic equipment, staging work, testing, steel/pipework, general dock, rudders, shafting, wheel work, and anchor chain work. The Rigger will operate equipment for assembly and installation; performs preventative and predictive maintenance on facility machinery; records work performed and follows specified safety policies and procedures.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Anchor Chain Work
- Wheel Work (Hubs/Blades/CCP System)
- Fixed Wheel Work
- Dry-Dock Related Shafting Work
- Shaft Alley Related Shafting Work
- Rudders (Fins)
- Rudders (Stocks)
- Deck Machinery Work (work with cranes and cargo booms)
- Deck Machinery – Boat Davits
- Deck Machinery – Accommodation Ladders
- Deck Machinery – Stern Ramps
- Deck Machinery – Winches (UNREP Station related, sliding pad eyes, mooring, etc.)
- Routine Engine Room Work
- Engine Room – Large Jobs
- Non-Routine Engine Room Work
- Main Engine/SSDG Overhaul Work
- Electronic Equipment (including all CIC sensitive, all computers, all circuit breakers, all AC units, all cooling coils, all laundry, and all galley equipment)
- Staging Work
- Steel/Pipe Related Work
- General Dock-Related Work
- Must be familiar with Hook-on (ship/pier)
Required Skills and Education:
- 3-7 years of related on the job experience as a Shipyard Rigger
- DBIDS IN-HAND Strongly Pref., Must be DBIDS Elig.
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions.
- Must be able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form.
- Must be able to calculate and understand units of measure.
- Must be able to obtain a government access badge.
- Must be able to wear appropriate protective gear as required.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42454
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.