- Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material in shipyard by performing the following duties.
- Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision
- Technically proficient in all tasks, work processes, and equipment.
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments.
- Works under close supervision or follows detailed instructions
- Monitors working environment for compliance with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations.
- Must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical ability, and be able to interpret crane load charts, wire rope load charts and synthetic sling load charts.
- Selects cables, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams and ceilings with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with lifting devices such as wires, nylon slings and chains to crane hook. Interprets blue prints.
- Disassemble blocks and reassemble same, move equipment using skids, dollies and rollers.
- Ability to work any assigned shift and ability to work assigned overtime.
- May be assigned tasks outside craft as required.
- Must comply with the Company’s “Non-Discrimination and Anti-Harassment Policy” which expects that all relationships among persons in the workplace will be business like and free of bias, prejudice, and harassment
- Must have OSHA 10 Maritime
- Must be eligible for DBIDs (birth certificate or US Passport required to obtain client badge)
- Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen and background check.
- Minimum 3 years experience in a maritime environment
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43782
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.