- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
- The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and ability, and be able to follow directions.
- The individual must possess experience in the trade; knowledge of ship terminology, blueprint reading, job specifications and manuals.
- Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision.
- Must be willing to work with and train subordinates.
- Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment as prescribed under OSHA standards.
- Technically proficient in tasks, work processes, and equipment operation.
- Accountable for completion of daily work assignments including the completion and signatures for work completion and quality.
- Creates a working environment for compliant with quality, safety, environmental, and health regulations and policies.
- Thorough knowledge of equipment used in rigging operations, included but not limited to lifting and moving equipment.
- Knowledge of rigging testing requirements, proper set up and operation of equipment.
- Selects cables, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
- Attaches pulley and blocks to fixed overhead structures such as beams and ceilings with bolts and clamps.
- Attaches load with lifting devices such as wires, nylon straps and chains to crane hook.
- Gives directions to crane operator engaged in hoisting and moving loads to ensure safety of workers and material handled.
- Sets up cranes hoisting equipment. Safe handling of anchors and chains. Lowers, handles and tests lifeboats.
- Tests ships cranes using various rigging. Ability to interpret all crane load charts and blueprints.
- Must have 3 years of rigging experience, in a shipyard environment working on Navy vessels.
- Must be available to work any day and shift as required by job demands.
- Must have OSHA 10 and fire watch certification.
- Must pass 10 year background check; Must be DBIDs eligible.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42859
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.