- Fabricates, installs and repairs rigging and weight handling gear on ships.
- Attaches hoists and pulling gear to lift, move, remove, install or position machinery, equipment, structural parts and order heavy loads aboard ships.
- Selects and attaches chain falls, jacks, rollers, levers and/or pulleys according to types of loads being moved.
- Signals cranes or other equipment to move loads.
- Controls movement of heavy equipment through narrow openings or in confined spaces.
- Lays out and handles lines on cleats or bollards and hauls in ships with capstans when assisting dock master in ship dry docking operations.
- Installs or repairs ships’ rigging such as mast on antenna wires, small boat handling gear, shipboard cranes, winches, windless, replenishment and weight handling equipment.
- Move barges and derricks with tug boats and yard boats.
- Works in engine rooms, boiler rooms, aloft or in confined spaces as required.
- Thorough knowledge of shackles, natural, synthetic and wire ropes, steamboat jacks, hydraulic jacks, turnbuckles, rollers, chain falls, clamps, swivels, crane signals, shipboard nomenclature, forklifts and aerial lifts.
- Splice natural and synthetic ropes, tying knots, use of electric, pneumatic and hand powered tools.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a shipyard.
- Must have or be eligible for DBIDS badge and OSHA 10 hour maritime
- Must be able to pass background check and drug test
- Must be a US Citizen
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40891
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer