- Supports Project Management with the coordination and completion of quality inspections.
- Directs aspects of quality management associated with specific area of assigned responsibility.
- Supports resolution of quality issues that may arise between installation team members, sub-contractors, and shipyard and government personnel
- Provides input into the development of test index plans, QA workbooks, and process control procedures.
- Implements and maintains vessel specific inspection plans and requirements per applicable contract requirements or as assigned.
- Monitors task performed by sub-contractors or Quality Department employees assigned to west coast projects for short-term assignment.
- Monitors craft work to ensure workmanship is in accordance with regulatory, NAVSEA standard Items and shipbuilding standards
- Conducts quality assurance checks, inspections, and final product inspections as assigned
- Performs in-process quality assessments, including compliance audits prior to customer inspection utilizing visual or other inspection methods
- Complies with ISO 9001: 2015 or similar.
- Offsite travel could potentially be in excess of 35%. Training to support this position may also include travel.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) or more years of experience working in a related trade with three (3) being in shipbuilding/ship repair.
- Five (5) years’ experience in QC/QA inspections
- NDT II VT & PT Experience Preferred
- Familiar with NAVSEA standard items.
- Computer skills utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering drawings and data.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must be DBIDs Eligible
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42540
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.