- Assist with the removal, overhaul and replacement of engine components, sea valves, waster pieces, various pumps, various valves and other shipboard equipment.
- Handles the removal of shipboard interferences, such as piping, vent ducts, vent motors, air conditioners and laundry equipment.
- Helps with the rebuilding of pumps, valves and other equipment.
- Responsible for setting up, preparing and clean-up for jobs.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Must have Shipyard experience with maintenance requirements of department equipment
- Must be all to work all shifts, weekends and overtime, as required
- Familiar with general Navy standard items
- Knowledgeable with proper demobilization requirements at shifts end
- Knowledgeable with correct application and use of measuring devices, such as inside and outside micrometers, dial indicators, torque wrenches, feeler gauges, strain gauges and calipers
- Ability to identify types of gaskets, O-rings, packing and sealers
- Ability to remove and reinstall sea valves, sea strainers and waster pieces
- Ability to disassemble, overhaul, reassemble and test various valve types
- Assist with removal and reinstallation of propellers, rudders and shafting
- Assist with chocking of foundations, removal, tapping and reinstallation of broken bolts
- Knowledgeable with drill sizes for tapping
- Must have 3-5 years experience in the trade to qualify
- Must be a US or Naturalized citizen
- Must be able to pass a pre employment background check and drug screen
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41432
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer