- Manage and assume responsibility for assigned 4E packages and DD250 items from planning to execution while providing appropriate work status updates.
- Ensure the work in progress is in accordance with the published schedule sequence and that production schedules are reasonable and achievable.
- Provides coordination, guidance, and direction to the functional project leads to ensure that the work performed enables successful and efficient construction of the vessel with focus on milestone achievements and cost and schedule performance.
- Coordinate, mediate, and resolve craft specific production work sequence conflicts related to constraints that effect performance to cost and schedule
- Maintain a daily presence regarding the work in progress to monitor safety, housekeeping, work progress, staff performance and continuous management of labor and/or subcontractors executing work.
- Conduct craft meetings and participate in meetings as deemed appropriate by Project Lead.
- Coordinate with scheduler to lay out planned work in the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) all check point and test requirements.
- Perform validation of status reporting against the actual work being performed to ensure accuracy of reporting functions.
- Ensure compliance with quality procedures and documents while maintaining OQE in support task completion documentation.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with the contract requirements.
- Monitor and ensure required compliance with regulatory body and classification society guides, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain daily communication and interaction with the Project Lead to report status and concerns and have the ability to initiate and follow through with required variance analyses and associated corrective action plans.
- Monitor and validate resource requirements for actuals against planned work in progress and project labor requirements to completed defined task efforts while managing to the task agreed EAC.
- Monitor and validate use of rework and lessons learned processes and initiatives to promote continuous improvement.
- Prepares SOW which depict an accurate detailed work scope necessary for task bid request and task execution requirements including all exit criteria to successfully close out the task.
- Proactive deck plate management to identify and resolve resource, material and information issues in AOR to allow work to progress to plan.
- This position may be required to manage repair efforts in various offsite locations. The potential for offsite travel can potentially be in excess of 40-50%.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Five (5) + years’ experience in a shipbuilding, ship repair or similar construction and manufacturing industrial type environment.
- Ability to read and interpret shipbuilding contracts and specifications.
- Ability to read and interpret regulatory body and classification society guides, rules, and regulations.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and data while navigating effectively with applicable software.
- Ability to utilize and interpret relevant cost and schedule data reports including having a familiarity of scheduling software (Microsoft Project, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to efficiently validate, interpret and understand task scheduling or work sequencing.
- Ability to use and interpret relevant cost and schedule data and use applicable software associated with these reporting functions.
- Ability to understand schedule-reporting tools and be proficient in maintaining and validating schedule related data.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision and take initiative in all aspects of the position duties.
- Willingness to work irregular and extended work hours as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be DBIDs Eligible.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42543
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.