- Power / Electrical Engineer III shall be responsible for design and development of electrical power equipment for shipboard applications and design support of other applications.
- The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall provide power electronics engineering support for design, development, integration, operation and sustaining of electrical components, equipment and systems under moderate supervision.
- The Power / Electrical Engineer III shall participate in all stages of development from design through manufacturing support and system integration.
- Interpret customer specifications to define requirements for power electronics circuit and systems design.
- Starting from conceptual phase, provide detail design of switch mode power converters and inverters, transformer rectifiers, control loops and/or magnetic components.
- Perform engineering analysis of power electrical circuits and systems.
- Perform hardware bring-up and integration and support power conversion systems hardware / software integration.
- Provide complete documentation, product verification and part’s list.
- Write product and test specifications.
- Provide sustaining engineering on existing products supporting manufacturing and test departments.
- Provide technical support for manufacturing, production and fielded equipment.
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
- Power / Electrical Engineer III will take directions from Project Engineer or Power Engineering Department Manager.
- Must have design familiarity with power conversion topologies and electrical components IGBTs, MOSFETs and SCRs used in power switching applications.
- Circuit analysis applications, PSPICE preferred.
- Magnetics design and closed control loop design experience, a plus.
- Must be able to work as a key member of the design team with other Power Design Engineers, Digital and Analog Engineers, System Engineers and Software Engineers.
- Proven effective communication with Senior Project Management and customer representatives is essential.
- Bachelor of Science degree (B. S.) in Electrical Engineering, Power Engineering or equivalent from a four-year college or university; and 5 to 10 years experience in the design of power conversion equipment or related equivalent experience and/or training.
- US Citizenship.
Email Resume: [email protected]
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.