Cuts and welds pipe for marine piping systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Torch cuts pipe clean and true
- Welds pipe without leaks in positions with minimal clearance
- Performs pipe welding tasks
- Determines job sites, particularly those involving combustible material, are safe for personnel and, when required, hot work
- May perform miscellaneous tasks outside craft as required
- Works with minimum supervision
- May lead small work groups
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Read and interpret weld symbols or blueprints, schematics, and job specifications
- Knowledge of TIG welding
- Good working knowledge of the use and limitations of 6011, 6010, and 7018 and/or sil-braze rods
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- One year certificate from college or technical school
- Three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must certify to Navy/ABS certification tests for the following:
1. Successfully pass required visual test
2. Pipe in the 6GR position (radiography inspected)
(a) 11018 filler SMAW
(b) 70s2 filler GTAW
(c) 316 filler SMAW/GTAW
(d) RN67 filler GTAW
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is frequently required to stand (minimum of two hours while conducting regular work duties), walk, sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms; climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl on board ships.
- The employee will frequently use both hands to grasp rails while climbing, to hold and carry tools and equipment, to operate tools and machinery.
- The employee must be able to respond to voice or visual commands.
- The employee must be able to lift 50 pounds on a consistent (daily) basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
- wet or humid conditions (nonweather)
- working near moving mechanical parts
- working in high, precarious places
- exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- toxic or caustic chemicals;
- extreme cold or extreme heat
- risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The employee must be able to work in confined spaces. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must comply with Company safety rules and OSHA standards.
- Must be physically and medically qualified to wear required personal protective equipment as prescribed under OSHA standards.
- Tip cleaners
- Chipping hammer
- 10″ crescent wrench
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40624
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer