- Weld parts in position for fabrication of vessels, tanks or other structural assemblies.
- Use carbon electrodes to cut, shape and groove metal.
- May prepare workplace for welding by cleaning and/or preheating.
- Examines weld sizes of weld beads.
- Cleans weld area; sweeps and removes scrap.
- Other job duties as may be assigned relevant to trade.
- A minimum of 3 years of Pipe Welding experience.
- OSHA 10-Hour Maritime Certificate.
- Comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location nomenclature.
- Possess a working knowledge of and be able to take measurements using the Metric and Imperial measurement systems.
- Be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Ability to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor and small groups.
- Ability to read and interpret structural drawings (including weld symbols), sketches, specifications, and NavSea standard items and Navy damage control diagrams.
- Must be able to weld using manual or semi-automatic welding equipment in various positions (Vertical, Horizontal, and/or Overhead).
- Physical/Medical – Successfully pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening.
- Must be Physically and Medically qualified to wear required Personal Protective Equipment for the trade.
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds, bend, stretch, and stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, ladders, reach, twist, work at elevated heights and small spaces.
- Must be able to successfully complete welding certification exams.
- Must possess or be eligible to get a DBIDS (Defense Biometric Identification).
- Have flexible schedule, be able to work any shift (1st, 2nd, or 3rd) and do overtime if required.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42911
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.