To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired. The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow directions. The individual must possess experience in the trade and knowledge of ship terminology. The individual must demonstrate ability to interpret job specifications and perform work on marine vessels. Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Also, must be willing to develop other team members’ skill level.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret basic drawings and weld symbols.
- Pass weld test for all weld procedures in the 6GR position
- Pass TIG weld test procedure for aluminum pipe
- Ability to work to coompany Tig Welding standards
- Work to company housekeeping procedure
- Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
- Increase awareness of Quality procedures within department
- Perform as a productive working team member that meets daily goals set by the supervisor.
- Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
- Help build the team environment.
- Build pride of workmanship and quality through on job training.
- Contribute towards innovation / productivity improvements.
- Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
- Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
- Must have full set of personal tools
- Work towards the team goal of delivering the vessel on time.
- Always be ready to start shift on time
- Do not leave job early or return late from break times
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage
**Advanced Aluminum MIG Welding experience is required.**
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of pipe welding experience with the most recent 3 years being in a shipyard.
- Ability to pass “A Class” skills validation test to demonstrate welding ability for restricted open root welds.
- Ability to successfully complete onboarding procedures in preparation to pass 6GR weld qualification test requirements for copper nickel and stainless steel to meet contract requirements for A Class welding on the vessel.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems that may arise in certain situations.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41401
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer