- Lays out and fits pipe and/or structural components for fabrication and repair in accordance with established drawings and welding procedures.
- Lays out and prepare base metals using air and power tools.
- Reads and properly interprets blue prints and drawings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of gas line safety and fire prevention.
- Able to run hot work notifications, post hot work chits and set up work site.
- Fabricate and template new assemblies utilizing SMAW, FCAW, GTAW or BRAZE.
- Knowledgeable in Navy WAF and Tag Out systems; able to develop, submit, and / or close out WAFS, to include verification and concurrence of all tag out requirements necessary to safely perform work.
- Minimum 3-5 years practical pipe welding experience, preferably within the marine and/or shipyard industry.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of general hand tools as well as those common to welders/fitters (grinders, die grinders, angle grinders, basic welding machines, etc.)
- Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
- Weekend work and/or extended hours may be required.
- Must be able to access all work locations, including government and private shipyards and/or vessels.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40138
Email: [email protected]
2018–2019 Employee Health Benefits
Questions? Call: 904-357-5541
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer