- Pipefitters are assigned to rip out, repair, target, layout, fabricate, install and test marine piping systems onboard ships in various stages of repair and modernization.
- Repair and replacement of ships’ piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable Water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil, Engine Exhaust etc. are accomplished utilizing work item specifications, NAVSEA/Military standards and marine blueprints.
- Necessary fabrication abilities include the use of various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power as well as hand operated), drill presses and brazing equipment.
- Additional tasks associated with this position are the strain free of pumps and miscellaneous ship equipment as well as blanking, pressure testing of tanks (structural boundary testing) and unblinking of the same.
- Performs related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- 7-10 years total pipefitting exp ; 2-4 years preferred in shipbuilding
- Proficient in fabrication, installation and testing marine piping systems
- Ability to understand, perform and certify in silver brazing.
- Must be able to read and interpret marine piping blueprints and military specifications
- Able to use hand tools and power tools safely and efficiently
- Must have own tools
- Must pass background and pre employment drug screening
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #41559
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.