To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the minimum knowledge, skill, and/or ability desired.
The individual must have working knowledge of procedures, strong mechanical aptitude and the ability to follow directions. The individual must possess experience in the trade, knowledge of ship terminology, ability to interpret engineering drawings. The individual must demonstrate ability to interpret job specifications and perform work on marine vessels.
Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision. Must be willing to develop other team members skill levels.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following:
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints and specifications to determine layout requirements
- Cut openings for pipe in walls, floors and ceilings using hand or power tools or machines
- Ability to Measure, cut, thread and bend pipe to required shape using hand and power tools
- Test system for leaks using testing equipment
- Clean and maintain pipe units and fittings and flush system
- Install clamps, brackets and hangers to support piping system using hand and power tools
- Ability to install pipe systems on board vessels in a safe and productive manner.
- Ability to safely rig equipment following all OSHA requirements.
- Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
- Increase awareness of Quality procedures within department
- Ensure correct work procedures adhered to.
- Perform as a productive working team member that meets daily goals set by the supervisor.
- Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
- Help build the team environment.
- Build pride of workmanship and quality through on job training.
- Contribute towards innovation / productivity improvements.
- Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
- Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
- Prepared to Step up as supervisor when required
- Must have full set of personal tools
- Work towards the team goal of delivering the vessel on time.
- Always be ready to start shift on time
- Follow guidelines and procedures
- Do not leave job early or return late from break times
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- 1 year minimum work experience as a B-class pipe fitter or 2 years experience in a similar role at comparative employer.
- Pass the “A” Class pipe fitters tests; written with a minimum score of 70%.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems that may arise in certain situations.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42059
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.