- Lays out, fabricates, assembles, installs and maintains piping systems, pipe supports, fixtures, and related hydraulic and pneumatic equipment for steam, hot water fixtures and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling and production and processing systems.
- Selects type and size of pipe and related materials and equipment, such as supports, hangers, and hydraulic cylinders, according to job specifications.
- Inspects worksite to determine presence of obstructions.
- Plans sequence on installation to avoid obstructions and activities of other workers.
- Cuts pipe using pipe cutter, hammer and chisel, cutting torch and pipe cutting machine.
- Threads pipe using threading machine.
- Bends pipe using pipe-bending tools and machine.
- Mounts pipe hangers and brackets on walls and ceiling to hold pipe.
- Assembles and installs a variety of metal or nonmetal pipes and pipe fittings, using threaded caulked, soldering, brazen, fused, or cemented joints, and hand tools.
- Secures pipes to structure with bracket, clamps, and hangers, using hand and power tools.
- Installs and maintains refrigeration and air conditioning systems, including compressors, pumps, meter, pneumatic and hydraulic controls and piping.
- Test piping systems for leaks by increasing pressure in pipes and observing gauges attached to pipes for indication of leaks.
- Welds pipe supports to structural steel members.
- May observe production machines in assigned area of manufacturing facility to detect machinery malfunctions.
- May operate machinery to verify repair if certified to operate.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- May assist in lifting, positioning and securing of material and work pieces during installation.
- Performs minor maintenance of cleaning activities of tools and equipment.
- Respiratory protection is common and may be required.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Perform other duties as required.
- NCCER+ certified. (Preferred)
- Must have 3 to 5 years documented field experience.
- May require a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and documents.
- Plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screening and background check.
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40321
Email: [email protected]
2018–2019 Employee Health Benefits
Questions? Call: 904-357-5541
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer