A pipefitter journeyman is responsible for removing, repairing, targeting, laying out, fabricating, installing, and testing marine piping systems such as Auxiliary Salt Water, Fire Main, Potable Water, Hydraulic, Compressed Air, Fuel Oil, Lube Oil, Engine Exhaust etc. in accordance with work item specifications, NAVSEA/Military standards and drawings or other regulatory body standards such as ABS, Military Sealift Command, etc. Repair and fabrication include the use of various shop equipment such as table saws, pipe threading machines, bending machines (power as well as hand operated), drill presses and brazing equipment. Additional tasks associated with this position include blanking and pressure testing of tanks (structural boundary testing). The journeyman is also responsible for providing direction to improvers and helpers as directed by the supervisor. The qualifications and general capabilities listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability desired by the shipyard.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
- Must be physically and medically capable to wear all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information such as conditions found reports in writing that include recommended corrective action.
- Must have a thorough knowledge of experience with P-73 joint fit-up.
- Must have a comprehensive knowledge of Silver Brazing theory.
- Must be able to certify in:
- MT Braze (B-1)
- MT Braze (B-2)
- Must be able to interpret drawings, specifications, and Navy/MSC/ABS standard items and manuals.
- Must possess a comprehensive knowledge of equipment and work processes used in marine pipe fabrication, repair, and targeting.
- Must be able to operate and care for equipment, portable power tools, and hand tools used to accomplish assigned work.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals. Must understand the US customary and metric measurement systems.
- Must have OSHA 10 and fire watch certification.
- Must be able to work any shift/day as required.
- Must be DBIDs eligible, as work is between Naval base and drydock.
- Must have six (6) years of pipefitting experience, four (4) of which working in a shipyard environment on Navy vessels.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42960
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.