- Read and interpret blue prints/sketches and install all piping systems aboard ship.
- Perform shop prefab on piping systems using sketches/templates developed from blue prints and ship check.
- Knows and understands tag out procedures for piping systems using sketches templates developed from blue prints prior to working on ships’ piping system. Be able to accomplish tag out of systems safe for work IAW work authorization form (WAF).
- Be able to sil-braze (Grades 3,4 and 5)
- Knowledgeable on pipe bending and able to bend piping manually or by machine, utilizing templates/sketches and packing piping to avoid contortion.
- Knowledge of P-1 and Level 1 piping systems.
- Ability to hydrostatic test piping systems.
- Ability to fit and install mechanically attached fittings.
- Ability to thread piping and to tap holes to proper sizes.
- Ability to prep piping for welding using grinders or beveling machines and know/understand different types of bevels. Fit/install backing rings, E.B. rings.
- Install pipe hangers/supports IAW applicable hanger drawings.
- Knowledge of various types of pipe and fitting materials and the proper material application in regards to piping system requirements. Knowledge of MIL-STD777 (the various types of pipe and fitting material and the proper material application in regards to piping system requirements.)
- Knowledge of valve types and properly packing of valves.
- Ability to properly fit flanged joints to include proper gaskets and fasteners.
- Knowledge of hot work.
- Ability to set up and perform hot water flushing on sil-braze piping systems.
- Knowledge of bolting requirements, i.e., various material types/requirements for flange bolting.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- NO Felonies in the past 7 years.
- Must be a US Citizen or US Naturalized.
- Drug screen will be given before test commences.
- Pipe Fitters will be required to pass a written test, and then a practical test.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42523
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.