Payroll Coordinators will audit external employee applications for accuracy and completeness. Maintain external employee files and perform employee file audits. Process weekly payroll by receiving timecards from customers and keying into system. Enter garnishments and other deductions into employee file each week. Open and answer mail which includes verifications of employment. Work with the third party vendor to handle unemployment claims.
- Audit external employee applications for accuracy and completeness.
- Ensure employees are properly placed on job order.
- Maintain log of applications received.
- Scan and file application in accordance with retention policy.
- Inspect timesheets/timecards presented for payment for completeness and accuracy.
- Garnishment Processing.
- Enter deductions into the payroll processing system as needed.
- Keep track of child support and other required deductions.
- Prepare weekly reports accounting for advances and makes certain these are collected on a timely basis.
- Make any required changes to employee information such as change of address, withholding or regular deductions.
- Prepares batches as required in case of payroll errors or terminations.
- Enter and maintain cash card information on the vendor website and enters correctly into payroll software.
- Work with third party vendor to process unemployment claims in a timely manner. Communicate if necessary with branch locations regarding any unemployment meetings or issues if they arise.
- Maintain proper record keeping of timesheets, garnishments, and payroll backup.
- Perform other related tasks as may be assigned by the Payroll or Accounting Manager.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer telephones on an as needed basis.
- Interact positively with co-workers and customers.
- Provide support to branches as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Arrange for special checks, such as advance pay.
- Open and answer mail on a daily basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Reliability in checking own work to ensure accuracy.
- Detail oriented.
- Able to work effectively in fast paced, noisy environment.
- Able to determine and handle multiple priorities.
- Familiarity with clerical practices, office procedures, and automated equipment.
- Ability to perform computations with reasonable speed and accuracy.
- High school graduate or equivalent, with payroll/accounting training desirable.
- Sit for long periods of time.
- Lift 20 pounds
- Be able to type or key for long periods of time.
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.