- Responsible for performing, with some direction and supervision, the cleaning and preparation of surfaces, including metal and fiberglass surfaces free of grease, dirt, scale, rust, and old contaminants; and applying paint in accordance with drawing instructions and MIL and SSPC Standards.
- Mixing preservation material in accordance with material data sheets
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment location
- Must be able to write reports describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
- Must have experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade
- Must be able to scrape, sand, and needle gun surface to remove old paint and rust.
- Must be able to apply coatings with a brush, roller, or spray gun.
- Must have a working knowledge of the different types of coating systems.
- Four (4) years of related experience, one (1) of which must be in the maritime environment.
- Must be DBIDS eligible
- Must be able to pass 10 Year background check and drug test
- Must have OSHA or be able to obtain OSHA
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #40653
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer