AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Install equipment on board vessels in a safe and productive manner.
- Disassemble, fault find, repair and re-assemble shipboard equipment as directed by the supervisor.
- Mark and measure to close tolerances using company calibrated equipment
- Safely rig equipment following all OSHA requirements.
- Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
- Increase awareness of Quality procedures within department
- Ensure adherence to correct work procedures.
- Continuously improve communications and flexibility within the team.
- Develop other team members skill levels.
- Build pride of workmanship and quality through on the job training.
- Contribute towards innovation / productivity improvements.
- Assist in the control of waste elimination, e.g. materials, consumables etc.
- Assist supervisor to maintain control of department equipment and its maintenance.
- Work towards the team goal of delivering the vessel on time.
- Follow company guidelines and procedures
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma/GED or comparable trade experience; comparable trade experience is defined as 5 or more years of experience working in the applicable trade, 2 years of experience in shipbuilding, or education in the trade comparable to apprenticeship or 1 year minimum work experience as a B-class outside machinist.
- Demonstrated knowledge of shaft alignment techniques including laser alignment systems and dial indicator alignment processes.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of machining procedures,
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Knowledge of ship terminology
- Proven ability to interpret engineering drawings
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate all fixed and non-fixed machinery
- Ability set up machinery to meet flatness tolerance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret job specifications
- Ability to perform work on marine vessels.
- Must be able to follow directions and work with limited supervision.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, and measure using the metric system.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Proven problem solving abilities
- Must have full set of personal tools
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42057
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.