- Installs, maintains, and repairs ship’s propulsion and auxiliary systems; including, but not limited to, Steam, Turbine, Electrical, and Diesel propulsion systems, rudders and steering gear, elevators, and Navy UNREP systems.
- Disassemble, fault find, repair and re-assemble shipboard equipment as directed by the supervisor.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains ship’s fluid systems which include pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchangers, actuators and valves.
- Tests equipment to ensure systems meets specifications.
- Inspection of work, identification of potential problems, initiation of corrective actions.
- Use all tools to perform outside machinist work to include dial calipers, calipers rulers, micrometers, and stack height gages.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as guides for subsequent machining.
- Ensure work area is left clean, all equipment and tools are stowed away safely and protected against damage.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have 10+ years of recent experience working in a shipyard as an outside machinist.
- Must be able to direct and supervise a team as needed.
- Must be able to pass all administered tests prior to being hired for the position.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of machining procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to safely operate all working and non-working machinery.
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must possess a good general knowledge of ship repair procedures and test requirements.
- Must be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence.
- Must have a working knowledge of ship repair terminology and ship compartment naming convention.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43055
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.