- Installs, maintains, and repairs ship’s propulsion and auxiliary systems; including, but not limited to, Steam, Turbine, Electrical, and Diesel propulsion systems, rudders and steering gear, elevators, and Navy UNREP systems.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains ship’s fluid systems which include pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchangers, actuators and valves.
- Tests equipment to ensure systems meets specifications.
- Installs and tests various shop equipment.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, written instructions/ technical manuals.
- Must read have the ability to read and comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must be capable assembling/ installing complex mechanical systems, while meeting alignment criteria of systems and equipment.
- Proficient in use of precision measurement tools.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Minimum three years of experience in a related field, or graduate of a Diesel or Aircraft Mechanic training school, or three years in any of the following Navy ratings: MM (BT), AD, CM, EN, GS, HT, or MR.
- Must comprehend written and verbal instructions (in English).
- Must be able to hear warning signals, read and comprehend safety instructions, regulations and warnings.
- Must understand both Imperial and Metric measuring systems.
- Must have shop mathematic skills, with understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and work with decimals and fractions.
- Must maintain constant safety awareness.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools and portable machining tools.
- Other job duties as may be assigned relevant to the trade.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43122
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.