Outside Machinists are responsible for accomplishing work in accordance with work specifications safety, with the highest quality, in a professional manner. Regular, reliable attendance on-site is an essential function of the job.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience working on ships
- Must have full knowledge of WAF’s
- Must be able to complete work with little guidance from Supervisor.
- Must have basic knowledge of Standard Items
- Must have basic knowledge of shop equipment
- Works well with others
- Ability to identify parts, read tech manuals, spec items and blueprints.
- Ability to use and understand precision measuring instrument
- Have experience in machinery overhaul and installation and testing of all the following:
- Winches (Electric driven, Electro Hydraulic)
- Anchor Windless
- Steering Gear
- Air Compressors
- Pump and motor alignments
- Valve Repairs
- Diesel Engine Repairs
- Hydraulic Trouble shooting, repairs
- Reduction gear repairs
- Generator repairs
- Boat davit repairs
- Bearing fit-up & installation
- Gas turbine repairs
- Have Propulsion experience of the following:
- Shafting repairs and alignment, fixed and controllable pitch
- Propellers removed and installed
- Rudders repair and installed
- Tool Operation Requirements:
- Operator grinder, fixed and portable
- Operate drill presses, fixed and portable
- Fixed Presses
- Porta powers
- Hydraulic jacks
- Torches and Torque Wrenches
- Must be able to access all Navy installations and other shipyards (DBIDS).
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be able to work aboard vessels, climb ladders, and work in tanks and confined spaces.
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to work evening and weekend hours.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of weight.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42332
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.