- Installs, maintains, and repairs ship’s propulsion and auxiliary systems; including, but not limited to, Steam, Turbine, Electrical, and Diesel propulsion systems, rudders and steering gear, elevators, and Navy UNREP systems.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains ship’s fluid systems which include pumps, compressors, purifiers, heat exchangers, actuators and valves.
- Tests equipment to ensure systems meets specifications.
- Installs and tests various shop equipment.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned, some of which may become essential to the position.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, written instructions/ technical manuals.
- Must read have the ability to read and comprehend hydraulic and pneumatic diagrams.
- Must be capable assembling/ installing complex mechanical systems, while meeting alignment criteria of systems and equipment.
- Proficient in use of precision measurement tools.
- Must understand both Imperial and Metric measuring systems.
- Must have shop mathematic skills, with understanding of geometry, trigonometry, and work with decimals and fractions.
- Must maintain constant safety awareness.
- Ability to safely use hand and power tools and portable machining tools.
- Other job duties as may be assigned relevant to the trade
- Hand, power, and portable machining tools.
- Personal protective equipment required.
- Color vision.
- Frequent to continuous lifting of machining tools and equipment, up to 50 lbs.
- Standing, balancing, walking, climbing ladders or equipment, reaching above shoulder or out in front, manual dexterity, pushing, pulling, kneeling, bending, seeing, hearing and occasionally lowering self into confined spaces, crawling through small openings and working in reclined positions, as needed.
- Works in all areas of the shipyard and on board ships.
- Hearing warning signals and reading and comprehending safety instructions.
- Must be able to maintain general safety awareness and avoid hazards commonly present in employee’s work area.
- General housekeeping in work areas.
- May be required to attend safety, quality and/or process improvement meetings.
- Exposure to fumes, odors, dust, chemicals, and gases, various temperatures and ventilation, all which can cause discomfort or respiratory difficulties.
- May work in awkward positions or postures.
- Exposure to constantly moving machines and mechanical parts and high levels of constant noise.
- Must comprehend written and verbal instructions (in English).
- Must be able to hear warning signals, read and comprehend safety instructions, regulations and warnings.
- High school or equivalent education.
- Minimum three years of experience in a related field, or graduate of a Diesel or Aircraft Mechanic training school, or three years in any of the following Navy ratings: MM (BT), AD, CM, EN, GS, HT, or MR.
- Must pass pre employment drug screen and background check.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #39980
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer