- This position is responsible for removing, installing, and testing main and auxiliary shipboard equipment including but not limited to: Main Reduction Gears (MRG), pumps, valves, hydraulic equipment, steam equipment, valves, propellers, bearings, etc. on maritime vessels including US Navy, Military Sealift Command, and commercial.
- The work occurs in various stages of repair and modernization and requiring the ability to operate a wide variety of tools and machinery, and the ability to read and comprehend specifications and drawings.
- Due to the nature of this work, all candidates must be US Citizens and be able to provide proof of citizenship (passport or original US birth certificate only).
- Must have own tools – no exceptions.
- 6 Years experience working with U.S. Navy ship repair and modernization contracts.
- Reliable transportation required due to schedule and location.
- Must be available to work weekends.
- Must be eligible for DBIDS (base access, requries no felonies in the past 10 years).
- Must have active OSHA10 & Firewatch cards.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #43719
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5541 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.