Currently seeking Military Technical Writer whose primary functions are to develop operation & maintenance data and operator instructions. Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED – Candidates who do not currently have an active DoD clearance may apply, but must obtain an Interim security clearance prior to start date.
- Develop/update Operator’s and Operation & Maintenance Manuals (O&M)s, Parts Catalogs, Illustrated Parts Breakdowns (IPB)s, Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRC)s and COTS documents IAW Military Standards/Specifications, and contribute to Proposal efforts, as needed. Participate in ILS reviews with the Customer and Program Management.
- Review in-house & Commercial Off-The-Shelf (COTS) documentation for technical accuracy.
- Knowledge of and ability to interpret TM requirements in Specs and SOWS Acquire subject knowledge by interviewing engineers and research scientists, observing study methodologies, and referring to technical specifications, engineering drawings, and trade journals.
- Create graphics for inclusion in the technical documentation. Review and prepare Contract Deliverables Requirements List (CDRLs) documents for official delivery to the government customer.
Education and Experience Desired:
- Preferred candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing and at least five years of experience Military technical writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of a wide range of Military Specs/Standards and the ability to implement such specs/stds.
- Ability to grow into a future leadership role including cost account management.
- Must have extensive MS Office product experience (must be a Power User).
- Arbortext experience, helpful. Prefer 8+ years Autocad (or similar) experience.
- This position requires an active Department of Defense security clearance. Must have the ability to learn in a very fast paced environment.
Employee Owned Company | Health & Dental Benefits
You can also email or fax your resume. Reference Job #42972
Email: [email protected]
Call: 904-357-5543 (HablamosEspañol)
EOE / DFW / F / Vet / Disabled Employer
Note: by applying for a position with Ameri-Force you are giving Ameri-Force permission to contact you via email, phone, and text messaging.
Ameri-Force has been In business since 1991 and is 100% employee owned. We are seen as a premiere provider of temporary staffing in several industries including ship construction and repair, aerospace and defense, heavy construction, light and heavy industrial, energy production and utilities, oil and gas, disaster recovery, manufacturing, environmental, railroad, and general labor.
Why Work For Ameri-Force
Our team members are the best part of the company and they’re what make Ameri-Force great. When you join Ameri-Force you’re not just starting a new job, you’re becoming part of an industry powerhouse. By providing some of the highest wages and best benefits available it’s no wonder our average team member remains with Ameri-Force for 10 years or more. The goal at Ameri-Force is to be your employer for life. Our recruiting team works hand-in-hand with you to provide assignments which increase your skill level and add to your job experience in order to advance and maintain your career.
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Plans
- Term & Short-Term Disability Plans
- Incentive Programs
Commitment to Safety
Safety is our number one core value. We are uncompromising in our commitment to the health and safety of our employees. We’re dedicated to continually improving our processes, demonstrating leadership, and promoting comprehensive safety throughout our organization. Ameri-Force expects individual accountability among all employees and promotes a dedication to adhere to safety standards. We ask that all team members actively participate in and support the advancement of our health and safety practices. Safety is the responsibility of all employees, including both top management and the individual craft worker.